Sons of Saturday x André Davis
Let’s face it. We are all super bummed out about the postponement of the UVA game, and all we want more than anything is Virginia Tech football. That being said, in the weeks leading up to the Hokies taking the field, we promise to continue delivering high quality content to the Virginia Tech & Sons of Saturday communities!
On our August 24th VT Alumni Chapter Cheers Appearance, a special guest from the 1999 team joined the Zoom call to learn about the Sons! We saw this as a great opportunity to reach out to ask for an interview!
Grayson and Pat are joined by one of their childhood heroes and Virginia Tech Hall of Famer André Davis. André was a Wide Receiver and Punt Returner from 1998-2001 and led the Hokies in receiving for the 1999 team that reached the National Championship game. The Sons learned about how André continues to practice Ut Prosim in several ways after a 9-year NFL career, including serving as the VT Director of Student-Athlete Support and Community Engagement!
Topics we jump into on this episode:
- Home-schooling during COVID (#Parenting101WithAndré)
- Recruiting stories and track & field background
- Chronicles of the 1999 team
- Sports Illustrated Cover-Athlete!
- The LEGENDARY 3rd Quarter against WVU in 2000 & the Wayne Ward Block (#Gasp)
- Best DB’s to ever go up against
- What were the best places to eat in Blacksburg in 1999?
- Africa New Life Ministries, Real Estate, & continued service at Virginia Tech!
Grayson and Pat had the privilege to meet up with André at the legendary 6-Overtime Extravaganza in Blacksburg last fall (pictured below). Thank you so much for joining us André, you are the definition of what it means to be a Hokie!