Gameday Information - Duke
1-0. This is the goal every single week and Virginia Tech did just that last week against NC State in a comfortable 45-24 win over the Wolfpack after a dominant performance in Lane Stadium. The Hokies are in Durham, NC for the first of back-to-back games in the Tar Heel State. The opponent this week, the Duke Blue Devils.
Who: Virginia Tech Hokies (1-0, 1-0 ACC; AP Top 25, Unranked; USA Today Coaches Poll, #23) @ Duke Blue Devils (0-3, 0-3 ACC; Unranked)
Where: Brooks Field at Wallace Wade Stadium, Durham, NC
When: 4:00 (Kickoff around 4:10)
Network: ACC Network
Announcers: Chris Cotter, Mark Herzlich, Tiffany Blackmon
Weather: It will be A PERFECT and sunny day for football with temperatures reaching 68 degrees at kickoff before dropping into the low-60s later into the evening. (According to Weather.com)
Game Preview Podcast featuring Matej Sis from VTScoop:
The combination for this week is another classic. Maroon helmet, white jersey and maroon pants to round everything together. I absolutely LOVE this look and cannot wait to see how good this uniform looks as it gets later into the evening.
Shoutout to Khalil Herbert for modeling this jersey.
#25 Jersey: Brian Johnson, Kicker (RS-Senior), Washington D.C.
This is Brian Johnson’s second time wearing this jersey, after he donned this number against Kentucky in the 2019 Belk Bowl.
For additional articles and previews for tonight’s contest by the Sons of Saturday, please visit these links:
- Sons of Saturday: Dancin’ with the Devils Podcast
- Mike McDaniel: Sons of Saturday Game Picks: Hokies Look to Move to 2-0 as They Travel to Duke
- Robert Irby: Three Reasons Why Virginia Tech Could Beat Duke
- Sam Jessee: Lock$ of Saturday
- Justin Cates: Can the Hokies go 2-0 Against Carolina Teams?
- Grayson Wimbish: Week 2 West Coast Report: Duke Preview
- Mike McDaniel: Three Reasons Why Duke Could Beat Virginia Tech
What better way to spend a gameday then listening to some ~son(g)s of saturday~?